When you go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresses you, then blow an alarm with the trumpets, that you may be remembered before the Lord your God and you shall be saved from your enemies”.
Contrary to public opinion, the greatest enemies you have in life are not friends who have betrayed you or people who have done terrible things to you. The greatest enemies of your life are
the enemies of your faith because circumstances of life do not destroy a man; what destroys men is their lack of faith.
Faith is the life jacket you use in withstanding the turbulence of life (Heb. 10:38). Without strong faith, your life boat will sink, for faith failure is equal to heart failure. If a man has a physical accident, and any part of his body is damaged, he can still survive but if his heart fails, he will certainly die. The same principle applies to your spiritual life, once you lose your faith and trust in God’s word, your Christian life grinds to a halt. That’s why the only fight believers are called to fight is the fight of faith (1 Tim. 6:12) because of how critical it is to our existence.
The same way you protect your heart, is the same way you protect your faith life. Guard against the enemies of your faith, with everything that you have because the enemies of your faith are actually the enemies of your life. If there is a fight of faith, then it means there are enemies of faith.
Let’s look at the 6 enemies of your faith:
- Human reasoning – 2 Cor. 5:7 – Using too much human reasoning and Calculating things based on what you can see instead of what the word of God says, will fight against your faith.
- Low Spiritual Investment – Rom. 10: 17 – Your faith life grows based on the amount of word investment you make in your spirit. Anything that will distract you from spending time in the study of the word is an enemy.
- Myopic View of God's Ability – Psalm 24:1 – 2; Rom. 4: 21 – When you don’t understand the ability of God and the power in the name of Jesus, it will be difficult to believe that when you pray that God has the ability to do what you have asked in the name of Jesus.
- A Perverse Tongue – Prov. 4: 23 – 24 – when you lie a lot and are not truthful, it affects your faith life; you assume God is like you. When you don't keep your word, your subconscious tells you that God also won’t keep His word.
- Sin Consciousness – When you sin, it kills your confidence in asking and receiving from God. When you go on your knees to pray, guilt wells up and steals away your faith. It is important to note that God places his mercy seat above his judgment seat. Ex 25:21. That is why he said come BOLDLY to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find help in the time of need. The building material used to produce the throne we approach daily to meet with God, is grace (Heb. 4:16)
- Prayerlessness – Jude 24 – Prayer helps build up your faith life. A supernatural ability to believe God is activated in the prayer room. Anything that keeps you from praying is your enemy.
Did you find this post helpful? Share it with your friends.